The Problem: There were Legitimate Business Reasons, but we regret everything anyway.
With a title like this one, how can we not make it to the top of Hacker News?
This episode we discuss all the reasons you might not want to go down the Microservices route, and then tell you how to do it anyway. There's a lot of things to think about when you're on this journey, and we've gone ahead and made all the mistakes so you don't have to.
Plus, listen to the end to hear our collective shame about one time we all really buggered things up by trying to Standardise All The Things. Ah, simpler times...
- Samson Q2U Dynamic USB/XLR microphone
- Native Instruments Komplete Audio 1 USB Audio Interface
- Martin Fowler: Microservice definition
- Wikipedia: Domain-Driven Design
- Martin Fowler: Bounded Contexts
- Domain-Driven Design: Tackling Complexity in the Heart of Software (aka The Big Blue Book) by Eric Evans
- Building Microservices by Sam Newman
- Event Storming
- Sam Newman: Demystifying Conway's Law
- Agile with Edele: Building an Interaction Map
- Building Evolutionary Architectures by Patrick Kua