Just Get Good
Episode 22 · 5 December 2022 · 49 mins 44 secs
About this Episode
The Problem: There are no silver bullets, but there is a cheat code.
Today, let's talk about career progression, from the perspective of three engineering managers. What it means to advance when there are different tracks to explore, what it takes to get that next level, and what managers (i.e we) look for when recommending you for a promotion.
- On the Proper Care and Feeding of Monkeys
- Episode 16: It's a Spreadsheet, Bro — Our episode on authority
- Episode 7: Nothing Engineer — Our episode on job titles.
- Progression: Define and measure career growth for your team
- Urban Sports Club's public career ladder
- Julia Evans | Get your work recognized: write a brag document
- A Work Log Template for Software Engineers