Just Call Superman
Episode 8 · 2 February 2021 · 55 mins 31 secs
About this Episode
The Problem: You can't restart PHP if it's not installed.
If you're the kind of person who can't stand the clackety-clack of mechanical keyboards, then we're probably not the colleagues for you.
After making clicky noises down the mic for the first half of the episode, we set our sights on hero culture. Why is it problematic, how do you know if you have it within your company, and what can you do to try and mitigate it?
Are you the hero, and if so is it the one you deserve?
- Kieran's Primary Keyboard: Dygma Raise (Kailh Speed Bronzes) — I think I actually broke myself with this keyboard. It's too good, I just can't seem to go back to anything else!
- Kieran's Other Keyboard: Anne Pro 2 (Gateron Blues) — I actually don't recommend this if you're looking for a wireless daily driver - the battery life is awful. But if you're leaving it wired in it's pretty nice.
- Kieran's Other Other Keyboard: Ajazz AK33 (Zorro Blues) — I have two of these, as they can be picked up very cheap (about €30 if you don't need backlighting). They're a very good gateway drug!
- Warnar's Keyboard: Microsoft NEK 4000 — This thing has lasted Warnar almost a decade and is still going strong.
- Another "Interesting" Split Keyboard - Ergodox EZ — If you had a gun to my head and told me to buy a new keyboard, it would probably be this one.
- Down the ergonomic keyboard rabbit hole — This is an incredibly entertaining insight into the mind of a terminal yak-shaver.
- Performance Analysis Methodology - Brendan Gregg — Patterns - and more importantly anti-patterns - for how to pick who to blame for all your team's problems.